Last Updated: November 30th, 2022
Unless otherwise expressly stated, terms in this notice have the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Notice.
- SCOPE OF NOTICE
- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Services function. The legal basis for our use of strictly necessary cookies is our legitimate interests, namely being able to provide and maintain our Services.
- Functional cookies. These enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. The legal basis for our use of functionality cookies is our legitimate interests, namely being able to provide and maintain our Services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our Services, and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. If you are accessing our Services with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies. You are free to deny your consent.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to track visitors across our Services. If you are accessing our Services with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies. You are free to deny your consent.
- WHAT WE COLLECT WHEN USING COOKIES
We may include or engage in the following as part pf our Services:
- Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Services may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Services, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
- Social Media Platforms. We may display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks.
- Third Party Partners. We work with a variety of third-party partners to provide advertising services. For example, we use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our Services on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our Services, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Services and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's website, “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Services. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA COOKIES
- The Services offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- When you submit data through a form, such as those found on the contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- In order to provide you with a great experience on the Services, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how the Services run when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a website page.
- We may also use the information we collect through cookies to understand your browsing activities, including across unaffiliated third-party sites, so that we can deliver information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Tracking technology used in emails helps us measure the effectiveness of our marketing email campaigns, make the emails we send to you more relevant to your interests and help us understand if you have opened and how you interacted with our email.
Please note that we link some of the personal information we collect through cookies with the other personal information that we collect about you and for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser to: (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may negatively affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionalities and features of the Services.
Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
If you are located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, you may take advantage of Your Online Choices. This service allows you to select tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. As such, it is recommended that you make use of this resource in addition to the information provided in this document.